Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Big Brother Is Leaving

So... Ryan is finally leaving for his mission. It is kind of weird for him to finally be taking off to do the work. I am so beyond happy that he is going but I am really going to miss him. I love him so much and I know he is doing what he is supposed to be doing. He is so strong and he has such a great testimony that I know will touch many lives. He has such potential to reach out to those around him and teach them the truth. I feel so blessed to be the sister of such a great missionary.

It has been a crazy day today.. well actually a crazy couple of days. We have been trying to get Ryan ready to go on his mission. He was called to the New York Rochester mission and it is kind of awesome because my Grandpa Adair served in the exact same mission. We lost him 5 years ago to a heart attack and Ryan was extremely close to him. We all miss him so much and we all love him. Ryan is going to go serve in the same mission field just as well as grandpa did.

After all was packed and done... we got the wonderful opportunity to sit in on his setting apart. It was so wonderful. I don't think the spirit in our house has ever been so strong. Everyone broke into tears and it was just amazing. I have not been able to stop crying since then.

My big brother has grown up so much and I am so happy for him. You can just see in his eyes how excited he is and how important this is to him. I will miss him but I know he is where he is supposed to be.

Loves,
Emily Jane Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment